Thursday, October 6, 2011

low pressure light

Truth be told, i have relatively little goin on. i work normal hours, go home and play with a dog who loves me and who everyone thinks is the sweetest thing (when i'm not around), get to have visits with friends every half year or so, attend Baha'i things when i can, and contemplate the fate of the leaves outside. in comparison with the last 5 years (war, moving, crazy schedule, moving, bar) this is kind of a breeze.

So, i found it ironic when it finally got really cold yesterday mornng, the air shrunk (compressed, whatever) and the low pressure light popped on in the Tuscon's dash. First, i didn't know what it was. i took me a long time to realize that it was a picture of a slightly squished tire. which led me to contemplating how i function much more effectively under high pressure. then i thought about my wedding ring...and how the stone setting is baseless, held in place by the pressure from two sides. seems my ring is more me than i initially realized.

which leads me to today...lunch. eating dried mangoes from a bag that assures me are "naturally delicious", remembering how my hair was once the same color as these mangoes, and mulling over all time low mortgage interest rates.

I need some indoor hobby suggestions---ones that do NOT require space (ie painting). Please comment suggestions below. Also, please remember that i do not own a gun, so shooting things...moose, artic squirrels, etc is not a valid hobby.

3 comments:

  1. here is my list:
    1) learn to bake delicious things
    2) learn a new international cuisine every week
    3) do paper crafts (check out colormekatie.blogspot.com for ideas)
    4) ...

    ummm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what, blogging isn't a hobby? ;-) Blogging fulfills my hobby need, mostly because I dont have time for much else. But I also would like to learn to knit (and sew, but that takes a lot of space). Hmm others... of course reading, book clubs online, photo editing, cooking, beading (maybe takes too much space), sorry I have no really original ideas lol. There are tons of things to spend time on that aren't hobbies though... fundraising (the NGO I used to work at does Eat So They Can, you may like to host a dinner for that??), volunteering (free babysitting = major service), writing music. Hope you find something!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i was just thinking about how much I like "project runway" and how cool it would be to make my own clothes... so i went online to see if I could find any good sewing for beginners instructions and then thought of you! maybe you can make a skirt/dress/scarf :)

    ReplyDelete