Tuesday, November 16, 2010

windstorms and strange clouds

Here's a list of crazy things that have happened in the last week:
  1. I saw my first moose-in-a-neighborhood. Here Moosey is:
  2. As I was leaving Anchorage, there must have been snow falling on Hillside at sunset. The result was a fuschia curtain over part of the city that already looked totally steel blue with white snowy mountaintops. It was amazingly beautiful and taught Adam and I to carry the camera EVERYWHERE.
  3. Last night there was a crazy windstorm and at one point I thought all the windows in the apartment might cave in. This prompted a need to make stew for dinner tonight :) I can't tell you why those are connected....just that they are.
The truth is that I really enjoyed Anchorage. The weather is drier there and so low 30s feel more like mid 40s in Seattle. Again, no explanation for that, just how it is. The wind, however, is mighty chilly and I think a balaclava is in my future (that face covering thing....not to be confused with Baklava). We are into the final push folks. Anna arrives in two weeks, my parents in three, and Adam in four. I am absolutely thrilled that friends and family from around the world will be pouring in and cannot wait to show them the city we have been calling home for the last four years. I also cannot wait to get started with our life in Anchorage, find a job, and learn to cross-country ski.  Bring on the snow!

3 comments:

  1. I love it. I love the adventures. I love the upcoming wonderfulness. I love the excitement about moving to Anchorage, and the cross-country skiing. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I did indeed read baklava the first time! Also, congratulations for your up coming wedding! I don't think I ever got a chance to congratulate you. Exciting times ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That moose does not look real. I think you photoshopped him in. Also, I'm jealous that you will be in range of the northern lights. I saw them once from Spokane years ago and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete