Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan.....

My heart feels caught in my throat, helpless and wrenched from my chest. it is impossible to go back to the regularly scheduled mundane blogging about the dog when there is such great suffering. i realize this suffering occurs daily around the world and i do wish that we were paying better attention to sierra leone and others struggling each moment for their freedom. for me, Japan's suffering just hits a little closer to home.

A friend from high school was in Sendai. There's no notice of where, how or if he is okay. Another good girlfriend from highschool had to sleep in her office in Tokyo over night, her family is safe, but their home destroyed.

my thoughts and prayers remain with them and the rest of the country.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the times I am especially happy there is such a thing as facebook~. Toshi just let us know he's ok. Relieved.

    Still overwhelmed by the severity of it all.

    ReplyDelete