Thursday, June 28, 2012

on mailboxes and HOAs

i think i have written before (or maybe just in my imagination) about how much i love to check the mail. anna and i used to have to rotate days, odds for me, evens for her, running across our little street in NC, feet burning on the summer asphalt in hopes of some delicious envelope to admire. 

adam, luckily, shares no such enthusiasm for the box that bears letters. in fact, if it were up to him, there would be no box at all--or at least he would never check it. Thus, the mailbox with its wondrous surprises (like the amazing dishtowels that somehow perfectly match our kitchen rug from Lisa and Ilissa) is my domain. that also means i am responsible for making sure it remains upright.

as of last night, upright mailbox: FAIL.

But, i want to share with you the correspondence that led to this FAIL.

Jun 12
Hi ******,
I wanted to make sure that my husband and i are listed as the current owners of ********** now. We purchased this property from the *********. We would like to make sure that whatever monthly dues we owe get paid. Also, the mailbox is falling over. Is this something you handle? I think it only has a few more days before it lies down totally.Thank you,Martha 

 Also Jun 12
Hello Martha,

I do show both yourself and Adam as the current owners. All dues statements should be going directly to your residence. I do show a balance of $0.00 being due. As to the mailboxes, I do believe the post is the Association and will address this at the Board meeting tonight.Should you have any questions or concerns please let me know.***********
Association Manager 


Jun 18
Hi there. 
We appreciate the temporary solution of shoving rocks in the base of the mailbox, but it is already beginning to fall over again. Could you please let me know how to get this properly repaired?
Thanks,martha




Last night (after we saw it and a neighbor checked to make sure we knew it was dead):
***********,The mailbox has fallen over, on the ground. Can someone please fix it asap?
Thanks.
Sent from my Windows Phone


This morning:
Good morning Martha.I have previously sent the work request to Bruce Roberts Co and they were set to come out beginning of next week. Given the current status I have asked that they come out today or tomorrow at the latest. Thank you for keeping me updated on the status of this mailbox post. 
******************

Draft Response:
dear so and so, if you had just had it fixed the first time, the US postal service could have delivered my goodies---now i have to be a nagging bitch and that is fun for no-one.

edits?

No comments:

Post a Comment