Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shakey shakey, Wakey Wakey.

There are a few times of day i really don't appreciate. 6am is one of those. 2:30 in the afternoon another. I'm a big fan of 4am stumbles through the front door, post-Waffle House future of life discussions. I love the feel of exhausted stomach muscles from too much dancing, quads that just so slightly burn, and feet that are screaming 'get me out of these heels'. I love 1am reading curled up with husband and dog. well, not so much the dog, but she really likes to be exactly where we are, especially if we are in any kind of physical contact.

the point of this story though is that i do not like 6am. nothing good happens at 6am. today being no exception. at 6am today: the earth started shaking. I was jolted awake out of a rather strange dream, involving me locking and unlocking all kind of cars, to find that the room was moving. mind you, sometimes i am sure the room is moving and it's not. but this time, yes, definitely moving. i remember distinctly thinking, wow, my first night-quake. the dog rolled over and snorted--also irritated at the rather shaky wake up from the not-a-during-the-night-quake. adam appeared to sleep soundly through. except, it was 6 am and the sun had been up for 2 hours already. of course. 6am. nothing good happens at 6am.

No comments:

Post a Comment