Tuesday, April 10, 2012

a must read...for realz.

I think a lot about the kind of writer i want to be when i grow up. i know some people who write these brilliant missives as if it miraculously came out of their head all stream of consciousness. granted, i have been accused of writing poetry and an ungodly speed---but i am more literal and less poetic/obtuse/mysterious than some of my writer friends.

My friend Leslie handed me a stack of books when i was over at her house a couple weeks ago for book club. I am about to finish one of them and am now in love with the author and am pretty sure that i must have everything she has ever written RIGHT THIS MINUTE.Anne Lamott, where the hell have you been all my life??

For my friends who struggle with irreverence and faith, which human nature and beauty, with loss and grace....this is a MUST READ: Just read the description if  you don't believe me.
http://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Mercies-Some-Thoughts-Faith/dp/0385496095

i.am.not.kidding. #readitnow

No comments:

Post a Comment