Thursday, April 1, 2010

4 eyes, 2 eyes with lenses, grrrr.

I think my eye doctor is my new best friend.

So i got irritated enough on Sunday (library day) because i couldn't see close up with the contacts that i stopped wearing them. I again donned my dope glasses and decided that perhaps me and contacts just weren't going to get along. I secretly worried that my glasses weren't strong enough because we had checked my vison with the bad contacts in we had to up the strength alot.

As it turns out, that was because we had to correct the amount the bad contacts were screwing up my vision, not my eye balls at all. Here's the thing, i have near perfect vision--its just that if you stand 20 feet away from me and i have to stare at you, i'm going to squint a little. If you are my computer screen, no problemo. I can read the 15 (ie better than 20 line) no problem at closer distances. I have vision correction n the first place because i don't like squinting at street signs driving or my professors faces. So, the contacts which were sort of correcting the long vision were totally wrecking the close vision and more or less making EVERYTHING bad.

today, we rechecked...lo and behold (hahaha) my vision is not getting worse. hence, the epiphany above. now, i am test driving the fourth pair of contacts--the low prescripton in the good material. the other three were low prescrip bad material, high prescript bad material, and high prescript good material. Finally, I can see the computer screen and i can see faces. this seems like progress!!

I am, of course, quite jealous of Leila who just goes in, gets a new pair and whala she can see. But, at least i know there is hope!

Month and ten days till Bob and Lissa get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment