Saturday, April 10, 2010

engagement evolution

Today was official proposal day---following fake proposal day a week or so ago. My ring was taking forever to come...so Adam, being the angel he is made me a paper one and propsed with this ring first: It wasn't so much a proposal as he told me we were getting married. i was busy throwing a temper tantrum about the real ring not being here..once calmed down enough, he asked and we did the first round of announcements to friends and family.


alas, although i tried to laminate it with tape at work (note computer keyboard behind picture) when i did dishes a couple days later, it got damp and the "sapphire" leaked.  So on easter the following day i was presented with my engagement sheep, which i have rocked for the last week shamelessly. To be honest, i think this is Lissa's favorite of the three.
And then, finally, today in sunny Kerry Park overlooking Seattle and the Sound, my angel asked me to marry him, i said yes, and he slid the dopest ring on my finger. It is a tension set sapphire (yes, the first of its kind i've seen anywhere) which means there's no setting under it...it just holds in place between the white gold.
I am the luckiest girl in the world.


oh....and yes, bob, lissa, dale and linda all gave consent--like a month ago :)

2 comments: