Friday, June 11, 2010

powerlessness

it seems a little counter intuitive to my plot to take over the universe that to succeed and really excel i need to admit my powerlessness. as someone who has had many a friend go through the twelve step process and as someone whose Faith requires an obligatory prayer each day which attests to my powerlessness, i get that it is important to be humble, to realize the world does not revolve around me and that perhaps there are something i just cannot acheive on my own. that was a really unnecessarily long sentance. the point is, i relish being self-sufficient, independant and in control. the truth is that i am often none of those things. again, counterintuitively, it seems to make it easier for me to channel my angst into productive directions when i have to decipher which battles are within my control and which are not.

for example, getting up on my soapbox and slaying the dragon  known as BP for its wanton disregard for both human life and the environment is something i am truly powerless and very pissed about. Today, they found a jelly fish full of oil:




today, i attest to my powerlessness, great despair, and sincere hope that BP gets its *#)$ together FAST.

1 comment:

  1. this broke my heart.....it's amazing - i can't find words...

    ReplyDelete