Monday, March 8, 2010

fasting ADD

I'm not sure if it's a benefit or a detriment, but my Sunday all day studying is now severely inhibited by the Fast. Granted, lots of prayer breaks are good, but i can't sit still long enough to get through all my reading without falling asleep.

This means that yesterday I was a domestic goddess. First a preliminary note, i am NOT domestic. I am NOT good at cleaning, cooking, or getting my room in shape. As a child, my parents told me that if I wanted them to come tuck me in at night, then i had better make a path through the toys/clothes/books strewn about. Path it was. So, by "domestic goddess" i mean the following:

DURING MY STUDYING:
1. I vaccuumed both my room and the living room.
2. I did 6 loads of laundry (including comforter and sheets)
3. I cleaned my bathroom.
4. I took out the garbage and recycling.
5. I made a pot roast.
6. I made banana bread using this recipe.

Nana Bread:
3-4 smooshed ripe nanas
3/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup butter melted
1 egg
1 tbs vanilla
1tbs baking soda
pinch of salt
1.5 cups of flour

smoosh nanas and butter, add sugar/egg/vanilla, add baking soda and salt, add flour. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350. The recipie i was working from said an hour and i took it out at 52 minutes and it was a little overdone on the bottom....still edible, but i would recommend between 45-50 minutes.
Definitely best served warm with butter. MMMM.

1 comment:

  1. you... uhm... pot roast? lady who are you and what have you done with your Mar?

    ReplyDelete