Wednesday, March 3, 2010

lessons i seem to forget yearly

So, while everyone else is busy posting that they feel great fasting--I'm going to admit the dirty truth, my soul feels great, my body is starting to adjust to lack of stimulants. Day one wasn't bad--aside from relearning the things below. Luckily, all of you have showered me with encouragement and enthusiasm--which helped the day move along :) I think i talked to God yesterday more than i had in quite a while, which when you get right down to it is the point of this...so score one for the home team.

Today is a bigger test for me because of the 5 hr block of class tonight. Here we go!! In the meantime, however, i thought i would share a few lessons i seem to be incapable of remembering any time in the last 15 years i've been doing this:

1. do not eat everything in sight the minute the sun goes down. it WILL result in a tummy ache.

2. do not eat everything in sight at second dinner 3 hrs later. it WILL result in a tummy ache. yes, this does make me essentially a hobbit--but i'm not into filling up my stomach in the morning so that by noon it growls and churns.

3. do not try to chug cold water on an empty stomach. it WILL result in a tummy ache.

4. between the hours of 1 and 6 i will be useless and am prone to amble around the office with no clear sense of direction.

5. i'm always really cold. like, i basically sit ontop of my desk heater wearing my turtleneck and fleece.

6. no matter how much i amble around talking about no food--i will still be on the office distribution list announcing the tasty treats in the kitchen. damn them. damn you all (Jay).

3 comments:

  1. I would very much like to see you as a "hobbit" in action. I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel your pain mar. i hear all about how other people are floating on clouds of mystical bliss and all i'm feeling is miserable and cold and headache-y and whiny. today around 4pm i told dev i thought my soul was seeping out of my pores. my brain was mush. i obviously need an attitude adjustment :)

    ReplyDelete