Thursday, March 11, 2010

spring break, what?

So, it finally occurred to me on Monday that next week is Spring Break at Law School. This SHOULD mean that i go somewhere tropical and warm, lie in the sun, sip virgin pina coladas and attempt to get Vitamin D the natural way. I SHOULD be exploring ruins in some far flung land, whirring around an island on a moped, or riding in a tuk-tuk. I SHOULD be sleeping and napping my days away leisurely. Last spring break, we went to Vegas for a couple days...where i did in fact lie in the sun. Here's a last year pic: I know you can't tell, but its at the Bellagio...watching the really dope water show.

Reality always being a creature by far different from my imagination (as Adam is quite likely to tell you), this will not be the case this year. However! After quite the drought of snow--since we thought we were having spring and all the cherry blossoms bloomed--the cold set back in this week and it is once again dumping snow at my favorite ski resort nearby: http://www.stevenspass.com/Stevens/info/mountain-cams.aspx. Since i have no reason to study on Sunday maybe there's a weekend run up the mountain in the making. It would be my first trip up this winter (in part due to too much going on and in part due to the robo-thumb). And we did just get Adam's grad present from me--a new Burton deck--that needs a break-in.

My spring break will be spent at work--and working on outlines for my classes. Since i'm full time this semester in addition to the full time jobbie job, i feel like i really need to get a running start and not leave all this outlining and comprehension stuff to the last minute. This summer I am taking an online class...so for the first time since 2007, i will not have to go to school physically over the summer. IT'S AMAZING.

Adam got a couple of interviews in Alaska for April. We are hoping a few more will contact him in the meantime...which makes this moving thing all the more real. Anchorage, for better or worse, it seems you are my future home. Please say some prayers....it would be amazing if we could get this to all work out--jobs, bar, etc. If you happen to be in Anchorage and know of some hiring law firms or contacts, send um along.

In fasting news, I apparently don't have to answer any questions in Family Dissolution while i am fasting. I am exempted...which is great, but now i know i don't have to read either ;)  I also need to find a scale...it's possible  i've gotten close enough to the bad number that i need to check. You'd think, since i hang out in a hospital 8 hrs a day that i could manage that, but so far, no luck. If anyone knows where one is hiding let me know.

from my basement office....i bid you farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment